Thursday, May 17, 2007

Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Here's an easy way: drive slower.

I know, I've said this before. But now that I'm a working mom again, I'm having a harder time taking my own advice. I do the damn dumb thing that I think no one should ever do: I try to make up for my lateness by driving faster. No, fool! Rush at home! Time in the car is not expandable and shrinkable with pressure on the gas pedal. Okay, so, now that we're over that rushing thing, we're driving slower.

Now we're using less gas.

We're polluting less.

We're being less dangerous.

We're not stressing as much (once we get the hang of it. At first the effort to not speed can be somewhat stressful itself.)

We're less warming the globe.

Everything is butterflies and kittens! Yay!

No comments: