Monday, January 02, 2006

Fiftieth Post

According to my calculations, this is my 50th post to this blog. Wow.

I thought yesterday of so many worthwhile and beneficial observations that I could share with readers of my blog. Right now I can only remember that I bought big rubber boots and a big yellow slicker at the hardware store today. I hope it's still raining tomorrow so that I can wear them.

Now that's worthwhile and beneficial. Ain't it.

On New Year's Eve we watched "The Parent Trap" with Lindsay Lohan. We all liked it. It helps to be in a good mood when you start and to be on your second bottle of champagne. I mean "champagne." We also watched the Whitney Houston/Brandy version of Rogers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella." That movie I love! I have a lot of childhood fondness for it because we watched the Leslie Ann Warren version of it every year when it was broadcast while I was a kid. But this new one is better. The songs are oomphed up, seems to me, and the colors, the costumes, the sets, the images, are just about as beautiful as in any movie I've ever seen. It's a gorgeous fairy tale, just like Cinderella should be. And I love that all the races of the characters are just jumbled up willy-nilly. And I love the scene when the two step-sisters sing "Why would a fellow want a girl like her?" Funny.

1 comment:

Esther Avila said...

It sounds like you had a nice New Years' Eve.
And congratulations on your 50th blog post.