Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One track blog

I was just going to reflect on how Oprah, our cat, is wishing she were outside so she could get to know the little birdie who comes to visit out pool better, when I realized that my entry yesterday was also about one of our cats. That one was about Gus.

Anyway, I'm not one of those quirks who's cats are the most interesting thing in her life.

It's a nice little birdie who comes to visit our pool. Mostly black, with not quite a tuft on its head, but almost. His (or her?) wings have white stripes. He sits on the edge of the pool and just looks around, often hanging around for 15 or 20 minutes before streaking off.

Yesterday a flock of I think starlings dropped by, whizzing over the surface of the pool and dipping down into it at lightning speeds. Like the dragonflies do. There were 6 or 8 of the starlings zooming this way and that. Looked like a game that I just couldn't quite discern the rules to.

No comments: