Wednesday, October 20, 2004

brain block

I can think up a scenario, an argument, and it will unravel easily in my mind. One thought leads to another undisputed, logically following the thought before. It all makes so much sense in my head.

Then I try to communicate an idea, one of these scenarios or arguments. I distill the idea into a thesis, a hook, a few sentences. Then I start explaining how I got there. What I mean. Why it makes sense.

Then the idea seems so unweildy, heavy, murky, it's changed from a clear broth to butterscotch pudding. Can't get through it.

I like to use as few sentences as I can. I like to use simple, direct sentences. And I like to illuminate all aspects of my thought. That is in opposition to what I try to do with sentences. I start all that illuminating, and it seems like there are just too many shadows, I can't stomp them all back.

When I get to this point, I can feel it inside my head. It's a short-circuit induced power-failure. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTtttttttt -----------

No comments: